Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Free meds from Santa and starting a new life w/a new name

I took the kids driving to see Christmas lights the other night. They are too funny. G is big sis and talked non stop during whole drive mostly asking questions. B is the one yr old and mostly babbles, but has a few words that we can understand (Izzzzyyyy!= kitty, & Day You = Thank you, which he says whenever you hand him anything!). While out, we saw Santa handing out candy canes on the sidewalk. When we pulled over and he leaned in window to say hello, a very clear "Santa!" was squealed from the back seat. LOL So at least he can say one clear word, although how helpful that word will be for the rest of the year, I'm not sure about. Maybe we could change big sis's name to Santa? ;)
BTW How old is too old to change first names? She is 5, but I am changing little bro's so don't want her to later wonder why I didn't change hers too. I could make a short list and let her pick, but mom thinks I'm crazy. This would also help keep bio mom from tracking them down, sort of a safety issue since there are probs there.
I don't know if it is true, but I have heard online that you can use expired fertility meds for 6 mos past date. I don't know how comfortable I am with it, but I will be doing more research on it to see if it is true. I do think they make the dates early enough so that some use can safely be done shortly past date, for legal reasons they don't want to be close to mistakes. I have some injectibles that I had stored and planned to use before the adoption stuff started and I had to postpone using them. I have more than I myself would be able to use actually. I am going to save one or two boxes, and hope to use them soon in one last chance effort, but I still have three more boxes that I will never need. The sell by date was Oct 31, 2007. Would anyone want to use them very soon, or should I just pitch them?
( For legal purposes I will declare that I am not suggesting anyone use unsafe meds and that all meds should be by prescription from your Dr to you, stored correctly and used as directed by date stated, then properly destroyed.)
Love T

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a great holiday experience! I think that you could have a conversation with big sis about names and whether or not she would like to change hers. I do think that a short list that you like is a good idea, otherwise she might want to call herself Orange, or Tinkerbell, or something like that.
When we talk with kids about tatoos we often use the analogy of socks... if you have a favorite pair of socks and you want to wear them everyday, you think you'll love them forever... but once you've got them on for about a month you start to think that maybe other socks or barefoot or sandals would be more fun... a tatoo (or a new name) is kind of like a pair of favorite socks that you can never change, so you have to really, really think about it for a long time first!

Good luck!

B said...

It sounds like you and the little ones have enough Christmas spirit to go around for everyone!! I say change her name....will she really remember it? With the safety issues you were talking about...it seems like the right thing to do. Letting her have some say in the name change is an excellent idea.

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you!!!!

battynurse said...

Not sure about the name change thing although I don't blame you for wanting to try, especially if it's a way for birth mom to find them later. I do like the idea of making a list and allowing her to pick.

kittenroar5 said...

That sounds like wonderful time! How about a hybrid where you change it bit by bit? Say her name is Ann and you want to name her Kate. You could call her AnnaKate for a few months and eventually just drop off the other? Good luck! 08 sounds like a great year!