Saturday, October 27, 2007

Camel kisses and the memory of sleep

Whhheeewwww! So sorry it has been so long since I have posted or lurked on the boards or checked any one's blog! I hope everyone is doing well and hope to check all your updates very soon. You probably think I fell of the edge of the world, and while I feel like I am running to catch up with real life, I do hope to start gaining on it soon. So here is the quick and dirty update:
I am starting my adoption classes Nov 1st! I did not get in to the Oct class, and did not want to make the kids wait until the Jan class, so I said I would drive an hour and 20 minutes to a class that starts Nov 1 - Jan 3rd. The class is 3 hours each Thurs eve, and I'll be adding an extra 3 hrs driving time each time, but what could I do?
I am half way through my CNA classes and hope to get a better paying job soon. I take the state test mid Nov, and will then be a registered CNA. That should open up a variety of job openings for me. Jobs that actually have room to advance would be nice! I would like to end up doing something I enjoy, like Ultrasound tech/EKG tech, or work at a med office, whatever. I am trying to be smarter about trainings now since I am really starting to rack up the useless credential points. I have an Associates Degree, but it is a general Assoc of Science, then I have a Women's Studies Certificate, again no job avenues branching from that. I had a job where they mistakenly told me that my Assoc degree wasn't enough, so I did get a Child Care Certificate before I found out the lady I talked to was mistaken. arg. So there are 3 useless degrees/certificates already. On the side, I also took classes to become a Master Naturalist, but that is a volunteer position and again not something that can help me get a career. Unless they are just super impressed with my environmental commitment. So if anyone knows of a career for a college educated, artist, tree hugging, feminist, who works well with children, and is a Certified Nursing Assistant- please let me know. I know, I am such a Gemini, huh?
Pics are a camel we were petting on a family vaca this month, and of homemade raspberry ice cream bought on the same vaca. yum.
A realtor just came by to look at the house since I need to sell it and buy something bigger across state lines ( for the adoption) but it wasn't good news. She said the market sucks now (duh) and we wouldn't be getting crap outta this place. I also over paid when I bought it (double duh). There are some projects we need to do here to improve things and then we can try to list it but, don't hold my breath basically. ouch. The longer it takes to unload this place, the longer I have to live with my parents, which while not the worst thing in the world, does get old since we are all adults w/our own ways of living & running a household. I think they are great and are being very nice in trying to help me with the adoption, but it would just be nice to have more room and our own space for me and the kids. I didn't want them to have to move in with my parents and then move again later, but it will have to do for now. It would just be easier for them to move directly into their own forever place. Ah well. Close enough. ; ) It will be nice to have Gma and Grndpa right there to help!
Meanwhile I have been selling away on ebay. I kept getting socked when it came to shipping costs and paypal charges, but I am getting better. I hate that most things end up selling for $0.99 with the first bid. arg- I get charged almost that much from paypal for the sale, plus I pay ebay more that that to list the item, so I mostly have lost money. blah. I have to list more things there too, all my listings are over right now. I haven't had a chance to get on computer recently.
I do plan on making scrapbook pages/books and have gotten some supplies and am ready to go so I hope to work on them soon! I need to scrap! Feeling twitchy!
Hope everything is well, Love, T

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the CNA gig... that will open up lots of possibilities!

The Mother Hen said...

Hey T, glad things are moving right along. Where is K these days? How are things?

battynurse said...

Wow, you are busy. Good luck with the adoption stuff and the selling of the house. I hope it all works out how you want it to. I like your line about what a gemini you are. I've been there. I did CNA, Home health aide, phlebotomist etc. Good luck.

twondra said...

Good to hear from ya girl! I was wondering about ya. Yay on the classes in November!! Keep us updated!! :)